Re: [NSW] Tangara Derailment , Hornsby

I have no track or signal diagrams.

For the points immediately north of Hornsby on the down Shore (platform 3) I
thought each blade on the points was controlled separately.  Therefore to
act as catch points both point blades held towards the centre putting a
passing train into the dirt.  The down departure signal on platform 3 is
located just short of the end of the platform and the points in question are
virtually on top of the signal.

I assume (time to make an ASS of U and ME) that this is what happened.

Right or wrong?

Chris

1a4b5ec4.e435b8a5@usw-ex0101-007.remarq.com">news:1a4b5ec4.e435b8a5@usw-ex0101-007.remarq.com...