Re: Good bye Hillside, Hello Connex Rail

> Forget about them, just look in the UK press - Modern Railways, Rail,
etc. -
> and Connex is one of the companies to be avoided if at all possible.

Interesting in a way that Connex are not one of the most highly
regarded companies in the U.K. (there was a special website on
www.bbc.co.uk regarding rail privatisation and how well the companies
were doing and from memory Connex South were regarded as not very good
and Connex South East were about middling to average), yet I would have
said from my own observations and posts here that Hillside are the
better of the 2 suburban rail companies in Melbourne in that they have
introduced a significant number of new services and been proactive in
advertising and marketing the Hillside image (eg Punt Road oval, the
quick way they rebranded the trains, the snazzy posters at the
stations, etc). Plus they promise to improve stations (3 more premium
stations, although I believe this is part of their contract; and 20
stations with new information systems) as part of the current hype.

Any ideas why? Are they merely out to impress the government for a
while and then run down services and facilities? I realise the
refurbished trains are part of the contract, as are the new trains, but
they seem to be going above what they are required, unlike Bayside.
--
Michael Walker
Email: wk@cgsc.vic.edu.au

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/