Re: Sydney 1969 rail map

chris 'fufas' grace <chris@transdata.co.nz> wrote in message
397403FA.8226D810@transdata.co.nz">news:397403FA.8226D810@transdata.co.nz...

> I might have posted this before, but around 1982 I was in Sydney, and
> in the window of the NSW Government Bookshop they had a plan of the
> railway for sale. Much to my regret I did not buy one at the time and
> have never been able to find one since.
>
> This plan actually showed the track layouts on the system.
>
> I later bought a different map from the shop underneath Central. This
> was also a state government map but showed all lines including all
> private sidings although not the track layouts. It was a geographic,
> not a symbolic map.
>
> Does anyone know what I am talking sbout? Is such a map still
> available? (I presume the ARHS would have one somewhere)

That rings a bell!  I was on an RES (Auckland NZ) tour of NSW/QLD mid-82 and
remember seeing a map of the track layouts.  It should be somewhere in my
archives (I've shifted twice since then).  As the saying goes "I haven't got
a storage problem - just a retrieval problem".

I have many fond memories of that tour - my first OE.

Cheers
Michael