Re: Double-deck freight trains could run Melbourne-Brisbane

In article <8F76B33A1gunzelT333@vic.news.telstra.net>,
  Michael Kurkowski <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote:
> David Bromage <dbromage@fang.omni.com.au> said:
>
> >Double-deck freight trains could be running along the standard gauge
> >track between Melbourne and Brisbane within three years.
>
> Oops, I better not want to drive a car over Pascoe Vale road, Jacana with a
> train going underneath then. Wonder how they plan on untangling this mess.
> 1.5 levels of railway, 2 levels of road.

For a Melbourne to Brisbane voyage, Somerton is a realistic alternative to
Dynon.	If you're really keen, you can run single stack shuttles between
Somerton and Dynon.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.