Re: Rail maintenance will be at Port Augusta

mauried@tpg.com.au (Maurie Daly) wrote:

> Does anyone understand what this means?
> Is the APTC going to own its own locomotives & rollingstock?
> What rollingstock is being talked about here?
> I understood that the APTC was simply the owner of the line not a Rail
> Operator as well.
> If so when will we see some loco orders for the APTC?

At a guess I would say, Australian Southern Railroad
aka Genesee & Wyoming, they are partners in the APTC
Alice to Darwin line.

ASR's "affiliate" in Port Augusta is good o'l Clyde,
they will keep ASR moving because BOTH are in the best
location for the National Network.

NRC-Victoria/NSW will have to make up their own mind,
assuming they survive politics Oz style in the coming
years.  Spotswood Victoria could be a long way away.!

The NSW government owned price cutting coal carrier on
the Leigh Creek line north of Port Augusta with its
Clyde-EMD locos knows all about having "local"
expertise available.  Better than towing them all the
way home, never mind a few other things.

Hey Blue, thanks mate, don't let the Net worry you too
much, see you next time through the Port.  :)

....Tell
Alice Springs NT

http://www.railpage.org.au/
"Railpix Australia picture archive" for never to be seen
again shots from the old CR/ANR lines in the NT and SA.