Re: Rail maintenance will be at Port Augusta

In article <vOQc5.85$IN6.6676@news0.optus.net.au> dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage) writes:
>From: dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage)
>Subject: Rail maintenance will be at Port Augusta
>Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 04:12:11 GMT

>The Mayor of Port Augusta, Joy Baluch, says it's been confirmed the city
>will become home to the maintenance of the Alice Springs to Darwin Rail
>Link.

>http://www.abc.net.au/news/regionals/port/monthly/regport-18jul2000-2.htm

Does anyone understand what this means?
Is the APTC going to own its own locomotives & rollingstock?
What rollingstock is being talked about here?
I understood that the APTC was simply the owner of the line not a Rail
Operator as well.
If so when will we see some loco orders for the APTC?

MD