Re: [Vic] West Coaster 15/7 Sat

I now have a few big concerns about the future of the R766/R700 swap.
Will WCR be able to honor the agreement with Steamrail to restore R700?
This repair job to R711 will certainly be costly and I doubt that they
will bother with R700 before R711 is back in service. I would be
suprised to see R700 back in service within the next few years. There is
also the danger that this unexpected cost will mean they can't afford
the extra money to rebuild R700. In any event, Steamrail will only have
one normal R for at least the next few years. In addition to this,
without two Super R's Steamrail won't have access to a second R every
Saturday and the last Sunday of every month unless they hire out R707.
This will definitely cut down Steamrail's flexibility until R711 is back
in service. Of course, I hope that everything goes well and we see R711,
R766 and R700 all back in service. I just won't be happy about this
until then.

BTW, its lucky that this didn't happen on the left hand side during the
parallel run at Easter.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail: