Re: [NSW] Olympics Timetable, Draft 1

"Ben Munro" <sporologist@yahoo.com> wrote in message
39704929.76C94D82@yahoo.com">news:39704929.76C94D82@yahoo.com...

> David Johnson wrote:
> >
> > Ben Munro wrote:
> >
> > > Almost all South coast trains will terminate at Redfern. What are they
> > > going to do with them there? They can't turn around at Redfern, that
> > > would hold up all the other trains.
> >
> > Yes they can.  Straight into platform 9 and terminate, returning to the
South
> > Coast.  No passenger trains are scheduled to use that platform.
>
> Well there's something I didn't know. Come to think of it, I don't
> recall ever seeing a train there.

Apart from the use of platform 9 by the trains terminating at platform 10
from the city and then returning to the city via the Up Illawarra, 3801
Limited has used it on Thursdays for the last three School Holiday periods
to commence and return its Berry [South Coast Daylight] service. The train
is shunted directly to platform 9 from Eveleigh and returns the same way.

Geoff Lillico