Re: VIC: Ad portrays trains as loser's transport!

Peter Parker wrote:

> Heard a road safety ad on commercial radio last night.
>
> It features a man who has just missed his night train.  Then there's
> an announcement saying that the next train to Epping is due in 30 min time.
> A mild expletive is uttered.

He should have been there on time - His own fault.

> I think the ad is meant to mean that if you drink drive or speed
> you'll lose your drivers licence.  The punishment is dependence
> on public transport to get around!

They tell you not to drink drive or you'll be forced to use public transport,
but the alternative to drink driving is using public transport!  Silly.

> This ad, presumably being paid for with taxpayer's money, is
> conveying the impression that trains are last-resort second-rate transport
> used only by low-life scum not rich enough to run a car.

True....

> I think the train companies and public transport advocates would
> be fully entitled to take legal action to get this defamatory ad off the
> air.

Who exactly is it defaming?

--
David Johnson