Re: [Qld] QROTI UPDATE: Copyright Issues...

Brendan Morley <morb@bit.net.au> wrote in message
rVVb5.99$4b7.12627091@news.interact.net.au">news:rVVb5.99$4b7.12627091@news.interact.net.au...
> People,
>
> The behaviour of the selection page (front page) for the Timetable Vending
> Machine (TVM) has been modified.
>
> Now, if you enter a start time later than your end time, the end time will
> be "rolled forward" to just after the new start time.  Similar behaviour
> occurs when the end time is entered before the start time.
>
> This change was made at the request of a QROTI customer.  It's designed
for
> easier use of the TVM.
>
> Brendan Morley

Interesting, the TVM works, but when reading the copyright disclaimer, I
noticed a little discrepancy in copyright procedures.

<quote>
The copying of the script in any way (including for its use elsewhere on the
Internet or any Intranet, even with modified timetable times and/or other
content) is strictly prohibited. The layout and "TVM" concept is © 2000
Proceed Media, All Rights Reserved"
<end quote>

Earlier in the copyright it said that:
<quote>
All pages (HTML files) and graphics in this site ("QROTI") are © Copyright
2000 Proceed Media, All Rights Reserved, excluding:

any graphic, picture, title, phrase or other already under copyright and/or
registration by any other person, company or organisation;
the image of the QR logo (excluding the QROTI logo and/or device) or any
graphic, picture, title, phrase or other already under copyright and/or
registration by QR.
<end quote>

I find it funny actually, how the disclaimer can on one hand say "Don't
touch our stuff", but on the other "we can use anything we want and we don't
have to tell you who owns it"

Gives them a pretty broad range using other peoples copyright material
doesn't it!!

I'm sure all webmaster would see where I am coming from..

> QROTI (Queensland's Railways On The Internet) is the site
> all about rail in the State of Queensland,
> Australia at www.qroti.bit.net.au.

Tad rude I think.

--

Tony Gatt,

Webmaster - Railpix Australia.
http://www.railpage.org.au/railpix/

Supporting Copyright Legitimate Websites:
http://www.qr.com.au