Re: Images of 4908's new livery.

stratton.chris.cp@bhp.com.au (Chris Stratton) wrote in
<8kles6$5r5$1@gossamer.itmel.bhp.com.au>:

>"Michael Kurkowski" <usenet.spam@gunzel.net> wrote in message
>8F70B8E48gunzelT333@vic.news.telstra.net">news:8F70B8E48gunzelT333@vic.news.telstra.net...
>> James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> said:
>>
>> >Everyone here probably knows what I think of this type of livery from
>> >an historical point of view, but this one here doesn't even look
>> >remotely nice. At least S313 is ok if you are just looking at the
>> >livery and not the historical aspect. BTW, are 3801 ltd painting the
>> >window area solid yellow now?
>>
>> What sickens me, is this is actually a permanent livery, afaik.
>>
>> Looks like rail preservation has jumped out a 21st storey window for
>> good.
>>
>> Alas, if it's a temporary placeholder for the original tuscan livery,
>> I wouldnt mind - as per S313 with it's simplified lining scheme and
>> other mods.
>
>But 3801 Ltd are not a preservation group, they are a commercial
>operator. --

Okay fair enough, I'll take my comments back. For some reason I always
thought that 3801 ltd were a heritage/preservation group, as opposed to a
commercial operation. At least it gives an explanation for weirdo liveries
on their rollingstock/locos (no matter what history or who ran what, the
livery on the 49 is still ugly :)).

I just hope, that 3801 doesn't end up the same way at least. Even for a
commercial operator, this loco nowadays is a one of a type, and it would be
sacrilege to turn it into a "super 38". Super R OTOH, isn't bad because we
have enough R's running around as it is (:

>Regards,
>Chris Stratton
>Wollongong, NSW, Australia

Michael

--
     Email: michael {DOT} kurkowski {AT} gunzel {DOT} net
          (Any mail sent to usenet.spam@gunzel.net

                Tolulene, you know what I mean.