Re: VIC government probe into standard guage

John Duncan McCallum (mccallum@melbpc.org.au) wrote:

> There makes no sense whatsoever to gauge convert the passenger network.
> Hence, Melbourne to Warrnambool, Ballarat, Bendigo, Seymour, Sale and
> the suburban area should remain broad gauge.

Regauge Maryborough to Castlemaine, and the down line from Castlemaine to
Bendigo. Add loops on both gauges at about Ravenswood.

I think North Geelong to Ballarat needs both gauges to allow for diversions.
Best done with a dedicated sg track to Gheringhap, then dual gauge.

Cheers
David