Re: Tocumwal(V/NSW) and Goulburn Valley

In article <39672ba7$0$11146$7f31c96c@news01.syd.optusnet.com.au>,
  "James C" <noemail@emailsux.com> wrote:
> Cobram station is very small and currently occupy by a gallery,
station is
> in fair condition and would need little work for restoration of
passenger
> service,  the rail track between Cobram and Strathmerton is some what
> overgrown.

Pass services will not return to Cobram as who wants to pay someone to
drive to Strathmerton just to change the points to go to Cobram then
back to go to Tocamwal.  Also they might find it a bit hard now that
the points at Strathmerton have been spiked to lie for Tocamwal.

> Sherpparton-Seymore stretch is in fine condition but can't reach as
high
> speed as Seymore-Broadmeadow stretch....cars on paralle highway
easily over
> took us.

True the speed is 100km/h from Mooroopna to Murch East then back to
95km/h to Mangalore, then 115km/h.  But they are replacing sleepers
between Murch East and Seymore at the moment so that makes it a bit
slower.

> Toolamba-Echuca line looked somewhat overgrown.

Yes it is, but it is being used, and no one has said anything about
this but Monday June 26 the rice train went into the dirt at Toolamba
as the track on the Echuca line separated.  Did not really affect any
other trains as it was just clear of the main line, but it made the
rice train run very late and the crew changed over at Tatura on the
down.  As you would expect the patch up job was shit, and only a few
sleepers were replaced.
Other locos to run the rice train last week were:  X44, X31, X32, X31,
X32, and today back to X31.  There was also a train over the weekend
but i was not here to see it.  Because of late running trains all week
last week in and out of Shepparton the rice train was held up twice at
Toolamba waiting for the pass or other goods to go through.
The reason for the S class was most likely because extra grain was
getting picked up at Murch East a few days last week.
Has anyone heard any more about the Tongala smash?  I have heard that
the G class is stuffed and cannot be fixed now, and what has happened
to the X is that back in service yet?

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.