[TAS hijack] was Re: Jungfrau Switzerland

I was there in 1997, staying at Lauterbrunnen (whatever spelling).  You
could ride rack railways (gauge was in the 2'6" vicinity, maybe a
little more), funiculars and normal adhesion lines through the most
amazing summer chocolate box scenery:  cows, lederhosen, glaciers.
Totally in contrast to the dense wilderness landscape that the
Tasmanian Abt railway ran/will run again through.  Anyone know if the
Jungfrau system uses an Abt rack mechanism?

James

In article <3969AA87.B86DC5B2@nospam.acslink.net.au>,
  Neil O'Connor <noc@nospam.acslink.net.au> wrote:
> After Germany I went to Switzerland (Interlaken) and rode the Jungfrau
> cogwheel train that takes you up around 3500 metres through the Eiger
> mountain to Jungfraujoch. Up and down it is pretty much a whole day
> affair. If you ever go to Switzerland, go on it!... its really great.
>
> Neil.
> --
> Remove 'nospam' to reply.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/