Re: Teenagers killed by train

Donald R Smith <drsmith@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
39686029$0$7184@motown.iinet.net.au">news:39686029$0$7184@motown.iinet.net.au...
> News on ABC just out reported that three teenagers were killed when their
> vehicle was hit by - or their vehicle hit a train around Jennacubbine,
North
> of Northam last night (Saturday).
> Has anyone more accurate information on the report.  What type of train
was
> it?
>
> Don
>
> --
> Donald R Smith
> drsmith@iinet.net.au
> http://www.iinet.net.au/~drsmith/drsmith.html
>
> The train was a grain train running from Beacon to Avon Yard towing 28 RCH
wooden wagons.  The motive power was AB 1535 / AB 1531.  Two friends and I
chased it from Beacon to Burakin, leaving it before the collision occurred.
I know the crossing involved - it is fairly open.  I feel sad for the people
killed and their families.  However, GIVE WAY means exactly that, and trains
are fairly unforgiving.  I also pity the two crew members on the train - we
actually spoke to them at Burakin.