The cost of Victoria's privatisation

http://www.theage.com.au/news/20000706/A54900-2000Jul5.html

The above article basically describes how following privatisation, it
took the City of Moreland over a year to receive a reply from VicTrack
about beautifying works beside the Broadmeadows line between Jacana and
Glenroy. Plus VicTrack wanted $1090 consultation fees for liasing with
Bayside Trains and ARTC. And all they wanted to do was plant a few
trees to make the railway line look less like a rubbish tip (I would
have thought it was Bayside Trains or VicTrack's job to look after the
line in the first place! I would have thought they'd have jumped at the
offer to pay for things they should be paying for themselves, instead
of making the Council pay ridiculous amounts of money for
the 'privilege' of landscaping the track alignment...)

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.