Re: [NSW] Speed of train at Ashfield and Newtown

Hubert Lam wrote:

> All trains that run on the up suburban and local line are somehow very
> slow between Ashfield station and Humy Hwy overbridge. I know there's
> like a 50km/h speed limit there, but why is it that trains on the down
> direction and the up main can go through that section of track at full
> speed? Somehow I suspect the point work between Ashfield station and
> Humy Hwy might contribute to this "slowness"...
>
> Also this happens at Newtown--basically all trains except for those on
> the main lines have to slow to about 40-50km/h. is that something to do
> with the bridge not being stable enough for trains to barrel through at
> 80km/h or some other reason behind it?

I've watched trains just fly past ashfield, so i dont knwo what youre
talking about there.

But I must agree there is a "Newtown slowdown" which annoys me..

hen again tehres a slow down in most places all times.

So who else here is annoyed that theyve cut the express services to
ashfield at night? Theyve gone and done ashfield up to be an important
station, and they dont service it.. They leave people stranded in the
city or have to catch an all station train which would take longer...
bring back the old timetable!!!

Also, why would the 8:34 express from ashfield to city have changed? it
stopped summer hill then redfern... now it msisess summer hill, but
stops stanmore, newtown, redfern.

Correct me if i am wrong, but sint newtown already close to the city as
is? So why does an express need to stop there?

I think that is quite unfair to summer hill residents.