Re: Signalling Questions in Brisbane?

Maurie Daly wrote:

> Further on the subject of flashing indicators ,but NSW ones , is there any
> differance in meaning between flashing yellow turnout indicators ,and constant
> yellow ones.
> In this case I mean the band of yellow lights that is located usually on the
> home signal prior to the indicated turnout.

Pulsating yellow band of lights  = medium turnout (= yellow over yellow
in double-light terms)
Steady band = turnout caution (= yellow over red).

In effect, the pulsation indicates that the next signal is showing a
proceed indication, whereas if the lights are steady, the next signal
may be at stop.

Eddie Oliver