Re: Wegmann Sleeper question

Sure is a barrier, travelled on the coaches (2nd class) many a time.

It is velvety sort of cover on about 1 1/2" rope.

The earlier timber coaches, aircond and not, had a similar arrangement with
a red velvet.  They were used for Military leave trains in the late fifties
(probably retired when too vandalised by their disrespectful passengers.

Goldie