Re: FreightCorp or Freight Victoria

In article <388d1c6e@news.hunterlink.net.au>,
  "Ben O'Regan" <ben@NOSPAMFORemiratespark.com.au> wrote:
> Yesterday at about 17:57 an unusual train passed home (Wingen).
>
> It was hauled by 4 x 48 class locos (didn't get numbers, noticed one
had an
> exhaust scrubber).
>
> The approx. 12 wagons were (very grimy) V/Line yellow hoppers, with
the last
> one painted the Freight Victoria green with yellow lettering
(recognised
> from pictures in various web-sites, Yuri etc).
>
> What I'd like to know is this: Why would FreightCorp be running a
hook &
> pull train for a rival?

Possibly just transfer hopper for FV.  Freight-Victoria is not exactly
a "threat" to Freight Crop, FV has only very small interstate business
and FV's CEO mentioned at last AusRail conventio  FV will concentrate
its business in Victoria rather then expand aggressively to other
states.  Freight Corp also mentioned they are willing to hire surplus
locos to FV.

Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/