Re: Railfan freindly railways (was: Left Wing Jerks)

Michael Kurkowski wrote:

> James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> said:
>
> >As I see it, QR is one of the worst railway systems for railfans and
> >photography but it is one of the best Australian railway systems as far
> >as the general public is concerned. For a railfan freindly railway, come
> >down to Victoria. I have never had these sort of problems!
> >(Unfortunatley with privatisation it could change at any time :-( )
>
> James,
>
> I have to quite agree with you there, Victoria is quite friendly as far as
> gunzels go. Of course a lot of staff don't like gunzels, but that is
> inevitable within any organisation.

Most railway systems are going to get more and more nervous about ANYONE who is
trespassing on there land. There is a continual stream of people who seem
intent on getting themselves killed, on vandalizing equipment, on plasing
stones eyc on the rails, or  throwing stones. It is very difficult to separate
the sheep from the goats. In NSW it is even difficult for staff to get near the
tracks without some form of possession

--
Bruce L. Greening
bgreeni@ibm.net