Re: [Geelong] Free bus, maybe trams

Youre right, I was including the SG line because much of the freight
going along the freeway should be on that line.

Geelong's peak hour services may be adequate but 1hr off peak is not.
Geelong should have at least a half hourly off peak and weekend
service, or even a 20 minute one.

And your story below is typical. The bus services in Geelong are just
woeful. Theyre as bad as in the outer east of Melbourne, and so far,
theres no indication from the new government of any of them improving.

Vaughan

> What 3 track rail line. AFAIK, there are only 2 direct rail lines
between
> Laverton and Geelong (East line and West line). That is unless you are
> referring to the SG line as well? The SG line would be a bad choice
for a
> commuter rail line for 2 reasons:
> - It runs via Tottenham and Dynon
> - There are only 3 crossing loops between Spencer St and Geelong
(Bunbury
> St, Tottenham and Manor) which would result in large delays on the 1
3/4
> hour journey.
>
> The Geelong line has a very good service during peak times (as close
as 10
> mins - better than some suburban lines) and an adequate off peak
(every 1
> hr at least Mon - Sat). I think that all that needs improving is
Sunday
> timetable.
>
> You are right about the bus service however. I was waiting at Corio
Village
> shopping centre recently (at about 1600 on a weekday) and wanted to
catch a
> bus to Lara (where I was staying). I waited for about 25 mins and
finally
> another bus than the one I wanted pulled up. I asked the driver when
the
> next Lara bus was, and the last one had actually departed for the
day!! I
> ended up walking to Corio Railway station (several KM away) and
caught a
> train to Lara (after waiting 6 mins at the station).
>
> Sam Eades

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.