Re: Magic Trains!!

Andrew wrote:

> John Godfrey <jgodfrey@one.net.au> wrote in message
> 3880374B.CD62C3@one.net.au">news:3880374B.CD62C3@one.net.au...
> >
> > Why cannot there now be some form of alarm to alert a signalmen that a
> BLOODY
> > train just does not lift-off the tracks and complete its journey as a 747
> jet!!!
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > John
> > now that would bring a whole new meaning to the railways.
> ( like in afl "i'd like to see that")
> andrew

An interesting point. With the technology available in these times
of computers it is highly possible that that sort of supervisory
function is carried out on some Signalling systems.

I have noticed that in the newer bi-directional signalling systems
installed such as on the Up and Down mains past enfield yard that
there seems to be an axle counter at signals controlling the entry
and exit to the sections.

Could some signalling buff out there enlighten us?
--

Pope

Alias	John MacCallum

remove MY from MYlisp to get the real email address.