Re: holidays - any ideas?

Jane and Graeme wrote:

> Hi all
>
> I'm in Canberra looking to take a few weeks holidays soon and would love to
> spend as much time as possible near the rails.  Can people please suggest
> any good places to go to see lots of good rail action?

If you come down to Victoria, Lara is a good spot for seeing plenty of Railway
action (Not very scenic though <g!>). On the broad gauge there are passenger
trains and the odd freight. V/Line Pass runs every hour on weekdays and there
is also the WCR Warrnambool service. On the "narrow gauge" there are NR and ASR
(Patricks, etc...) trains as well as the Overland.

--
- James Brook -

e-mail:
mailto:ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au