Re: Automatic signal in double line block section

>jgnestor wrote:

>> On the up line between Medway Jct and Wingello (NSW main south) there is an
>> automatic signal  (112.0) with its associated distant.  This is  a double
>> line block section.
>> Can anyone tell me exactly how this works?

This souinds like what they would call in England, an intermediate
block signal.  Essentially, such a signal extends the starting signal
of one station to be part way through what would otherwise be the DLB
section.  Wouldn't have a clue if that's what it means here in NSW.

Geoff Lambert