Automatic signal in double line block section

On the up line between Medway Jct and Wingello (NSW main south) there is an
automatic signal  (112.0) with its associated distant.  This is  a double
line block section.  In addition, Wingello is frequently switched out,
allowing the block section to be Medway Jct- Bundanoon (or -Exeter if
Bundanoon is switched out).
Can anyone tell me exactly how this works?  I presume trains cannot be let
go from Medway Jct to auto 112.0 if Wingello is switched out, as this could
result in two trains being in section 112.0-Bundanoon once 112.0 had cleared
(indicating only that the line was clear to Exeter up home or so)

Come on Eddie.