Re: Meekatharra

Garry Hoddinett wrote:

 I was looking for a place in my Atlas the other day when I noticed on a
map
 of the Meekatharra area an abondoned railway shown running north of
 Meekatharra.  I am aware of a railway running east of Meekatharra to
Wiluna
 (also shown on the map) but not one running north.  The map shows the
line
 running north for about 150 kilometres, generally about 15 kilometres
west
 of the Great Northern Highway.  The line crossed the Murchison river
and
 ended in the foothills of the Robinson Range.  Does anyone know
anything
 about this "railway"?

This was a proposed line to the manganese deposits at Peak Hill. To my
knowledge,
the line was never built.

John McCallum