Meekatharra

I was looking for a place in my Atlas the other day when I noticed on a map
of the Meekatharra area an abondoned railway shown running north of
Meekatharra.  I am aware of a railway running east of Meekatharra to Wiluna
(also shown on the map) but not one running north.  The map shows the line
running north for about 150 kilometres, generally about 15 kilometres west
of the Great Northern Highway.  The line crossed the Murchison river and
ended in the foothills of the Robinson Range.  Does anyone know anything
about this "railway"?