Re: [VIC] Mucking 'round at Sim St Jct

The Narc <gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.com> wrote in message
vjvh7sgoggh0sd3ogdbbemv7c0cr8a8kjf@4ax.com">news:vjvh7sgoggh0sd3ogdbbemv7c0cr8a8kjf@4ax.com...

> Huge amounts of commercial in confidence IE copyright clipped.

Commercial in Confidence?  Somersault, Newsrail, Rail News Victoria, Railway
Digest, Sunshine Express etc... better all look out, safeworking information
is apparently now Commercial in Confidence... |-(

> Point one This is a temporary situation i have been told this will be
> signalled within eight weeks .

That's excellent.  I should of twigged to that, the Annett Keys avoid
installing point rodding for a short period, just to rip it out & install
point machines.  When you think about it, it's probably better than having
point clips & Safeworking Officers for your temporary arrangements, or
handworking point machines.

> point two
> Being one of the NR train crew whom works this yard with only 3
> through roads i can tell you that on night shift it is nigh impossible
> to keep 3 road clear for a Patricks train or what ever when at 1930
> hours you have had 2400 meters of arrival trains and are trying to
> make up a PW4 departure .
> We have an agreement to let Patricks and others run through our yard
> but the agreement has time tabled times on it and if said trains don't
> present on time and  if 3 road is full of 1200 meters of arrival then
> it is tough titties
> When the yard is chock ablock where do you suggest we put the stuff
> out of 3 road????
> Further to this when the Grainco trains start running 1000000 tonnes a
> year two 40 wagon trains in and out ,on top of patricks and the
> freight vic shunts as well as the great northern shunts then you can
> see why this was done.

Yup, so it creates a separate 'goods running line' avoiding the Narc
sidings.

--
Mr Notagunzel.
Rail Transportation Connoisseur