Re: [VIC] Mucking 'round at Sim St Jct

On Mon, 10 Jan 2000 00:32:48 +1100, "Notagunzel"
<notagunzel@bigfoot.com> wrote:

>SW 002/2000 (note the new Y2K compliant circular numbering) arrived this
>afternoon by fast carrier pidgeon.  It reveals in detail the latest ARTC
>masterstroke, including a contrived arrangement where 1 Annett Key releases
>a catch point, which in turn releases another Annett Key releasing the main
>line points... all in the intercapital main line.  It's all reminiscent of
>something out of a 1910's signalling text book on Indian colonial
>practice...
>
>Not to mention the requirement for a Bod to be present at Post 136 for every
>SG move in & out.... Surely the cost of this bloke would have covered at
>least a traincrew operated switchlock... |-(
>
>But the big unanswered question is why?  Is it that NR doesn't like 'the
>competition' accessing Appleton Dock through 'their' operations terminal?
>(Obviously 3rd party open access doesn't extend to Narc yards)

Huge amounts of commercial in confidence IE copyright clipped.
Point one This is a temporary situation i have been told this will be
signalled within eight weeks .
point two
Being one of the NR train crew whom works this yard with only 3
through roads i can tell you that on night shift it is nigh impossible
to keep 3 road clear for a Patricks train or what ever when at 1930
hours you have had 2400 meters of arrival trains and are trying to
make up a PW4 departure .
We have an agreement to let Patricks and others run through our yard
but the agreement has time tabled times on it and if said trains don't
present on time and  if 3 road is full of 1200 meters of arrival then
it is tough titties
When the yard is chock ablock where do you suggest we put the stuff
out of 3 road????
Further to this when the Grainco trains start running 1000000 tonnes a
year two 40 wagon trains in and out ,on top of patricks and the
freight vic shunts as well as the great northern shunts then you can
see why this was done.
Regards Paul Johnston (MNRC)