Re: [NSW] V set cars

The DJMs and DKMs also have a faster releasing service brake.  Whereas the
DCMs and DIMs let out a continuous and diminishing "sigh" when the brakes
are released the chopper cars have an initial rapid sigh followed by a pause
and the a residual, and again rapid sigh to fully release the brakes.

I understand the reasons for the two stage release on DJM/DKM cars is to
maintain some compatibility with the slower release on DIM/DCM cars.

I don't know if a similar process is applied upon application.

Chris

C. Dewick <craigd@lios.apana.org.au> wrote in message
85e8fb$1e6$1@lios.apana.org.au">news:85e8fb$1e6$1@lios.apana.org.au...
> In <85cg7b$834$1@news1.mpx.com.au> "Hubert Lam" <hubert@imap4.com> writes:
>
> >what is the difference between DJM/DJT, DIM/DIT (and whatever other
D?M/D?T)
> >cars?
>
> >It's obvious that DKM/DKT are newest, but DJM and DIM is rather difficult
> >tell
>
> Ok, the most obvious difference is that the DJM and DKM motor cars have
GTOT

http://lios.apana.org.au/~craigd