Re: [NSW] V set cars

> Hubert Lam <hubert@imap4.com> wrote in message
> 85cg7b$834$1@news1.mpx.com.au">news:85cg7b$834$1@news1.mpx.com.au...
> > what is the difference between DJM/DJT, DIM/DIT (and whatever other
> D?M/D?T)
> > cars?
> >
> > It's obvious that DKM/DKT are newest, but DJM and DIM is rather difficult
> > tell

God Ive gone blank now. I`ll try my best and please correct me if needed
anyone. From 8021-8037(I think) are all DCM`s. Most if not all are all
refurbished. from 8038-8092 are all DIM`s (I think). Some of these have a
blue front on them and some of these have a candy front on them. From
8021-8092 these cars all have a "camshaft" or use resistances instead of
"chopper" control. From 8093-8136 (I think) are all DJM`s. And finally from
8137-8145 are the last built DKM`s. All DJM`s and DKM`s are chopper
controlled and I am lead to believe, that they have a different type of
braking equipment than the others (once again open to correction as I am an
ETR driver and not an interurban driver). There really isnt much difference
outside that you can distinguish that it is a DCM, DIM, DJM or a DKM. But
there is one difference that sticks out on the outside right throughout the
whole fleet. At the number 2 end (drivers end) on the guards side on the
roof, the grates on the roof vary. Its very hard to describe, but if you do
some careful noting, youll soon learn the difference. The "camshaft" cars
have 2 types of grates and the "chopper" cars have only 1 type of grate.
After a couple of days noting what the differences are, you can spot farely
accurately what type of car they are just by looking at the roof. One last
little note, the DKM`s and the DKT`s are permanently coupled to each other in
2 car blocks. I hope this information is farely accurate and helpful for you,
and should there be any other people more in the "know" than what I am,
please feel free to correct me if needed. -- CityRail driver, and big fan of
HO and 5", 71/4" guage trains

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.