Re: [NSW]SRA Fire Protection Group

> The State Rail Fire protection group has been disbanded from what I can
tell.
> There are only a couple of guys left, and they are now training officers
for
> Australian Rail Training.

They still do exist - I don't know how big. There is a vehicle driving
around with the SRA Fire group crest on it, and also has flashing lights as
fitted to police/emergency vehicles. The bloke who drives it can often be
found at the SRA fleet maintenance depots (I have seen him at Eveliegh and
XPT service centre) testing fire extinguishers very frequently. I can even
tell you where he buys his lunch from...

I worked at an SRA fire group dwelling at Wilson St about 1996 to repair an
SRA phone line that one of the neighbours had removed during his
renovations. I'm not sure if they are still there or not.
Robert Parnell
Rail Access/Argus Telecommunications Technician, Electronics Enthusiast,
Lachlan Valley Railway Director,  NSW HO scale railway modeller
E-mail:<rparnell@netspace.net.au>