Re: [NSW]SRA Fire Protection Group

Jon

It is hard to sum up over 100 years of history in a single post. The group
you speak of used to have a good site @ www.staterail.nsw.gov.au but it has
been taken down. I believe the section in still in exisitence, albeit
restructured.

With regards to the "security guard" wearing the Fire Protection uniform, it
is possible that you are thinking of the Redfern station security guards.
They have a similar patch/uniform to the Fire one but with different roles.
At the moment private security guards are at the station while the current
Redfern guards are undergoing more training.  Of course, Fire Protection
Officers made regular visits to stations to replace fire extingushers etc.

--
Eric
www.erk.au.com