Re: [NSW] Female Guards/Drivers

In article <84t0q3$s83$1@lios.apana.org.au>,
  craigd@lios.apana.org.au (C.
<peterrk@yahoo.com> writes:

> >Just as a matter of interest, does anyone
know what percentage of City Rail
> >guards are female? And for that matter,
the percentage of female drivers?

> I'd say about 35 percent of
currently-appointed guards are female, and only
> about 5 percent of
currently-appointed drivers.

> When I say 'currently-appointed', I mean
all guards and drivers who are not
> new staff still in training programmes,
which in itself accounts for about
> 500 people all up.
>
> Regards,

Craig.

> --
>  Craig Ian Dewick  |	Stand clear - jaws closing
>  Send
email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport

Professional Train Driver, Cityrail  |	and rail modelling web site:
>	and
HO scale rail modeller	|  http://lios.apana.org.au/~craigd

IM a driver
with CityRail as well, and I must say that the percentage wouldnt even be
close to 5%. I know of only about 5 female drivers out of APPROX 1000-1500
drivers with Cityrail. I apologise if my driver estimations are wrong, but
theyre what Ive heard from "mealroom talk".

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.