Peterbrough Station news Sun 4th Jan 2000.

Hi all,
    G'day from Peterborough, we are almost back to normal
after the festive season, and all systems are GO .
    We had a bit of quiet out the back, on the main line
with no freight services for 3 days, only   The Ghan and
the Indian Pacific risked the Millennium bugs bight.

I only read one news paper on Tuesdays and that is
the Australian with the IT section, whilst browsing
through todays paper I recognised the Cover Photo
on the  Business section,  titled " The Spirit of the Outback"
the photo was credited to AAP.   This photo was produced
a few years earlier in  "The Railways of Australia Year Book 1994"
and the photo should have been credited to the Photographer
"Stephen Nutt".  I have a jpeg image of the original if any one
requires this master piece. I dare not post it to the News Group.
or my web page.
    I wander if any one else has noticed the non existence
of up to date  Railway Photos in the press lately, most
recent photos of the Ghan and The Indian Pacific are old
archive shots from years back, as is this one.
    We have some very good Railway Photographers and I
feel that there work should be used instead of these old archives.

Back to Peterborough, The first train through was the
TNT eastbound  Freight at 8:17.
Next to speed silently through was the Westbound
Indian Pacific ahead of time at 11:05  locos in charge
were  NR116 and NR111.
The westbound BHP freight came into the loop at
13:00 CST locos in charge was NR31 .
The eastbound freight with billets from Whyalla came
rattling through on the main line at  13:00 Locos in
charge were NR52 and NR34.
If there was an award fro the quietest ore train then
I think it should go to the Pt Pirie / Broken Hill consist
The wheel and track noise from this train is almost
negligible, congratulations on a job well done must go
to the wagon maintenance dept.

Today I have posted a Photo of NR52 in its aboriginal
colours  to   alt binaries rail
along with a short description.

Yours in The Steam
Robin