Re: Ghan derailment.

Ronald BESDANSKY <ronbest@bigpond.com> wrote in message
n5wb4.6007$oJ5.13432@newsfeeds.bigpond.com">news:n5wb4.6007$oJ5.13432@newsfeeds.bigpond.com...

> Royce Columbine <emmc@bigpond.com> wrote in message
> > Going to be a few angry passengers when they get to Alice Springs and
> don't
> > have their cars......
> >
> > Kym
> >
> > Exnarc wrote in message <84ebdr$qfj$1@otis.netspace.net.au>...
> > >Interesting point for those that believe that fitters should attend all
> > >signal failures:
> > >
> > >Even with fitters in attendance the Driver for both (UP & DOWN)
movements
> > >& From No. 1 Platform had to be issued with a Caution Order to pass the
> > >"RED" Home signals that protect all the BG cross movements to the yard.
> > >
> > >Imagine the passengers having to wait for the problem to be fixed ie:
> > >Proceed Aspects (not caution orders covered by rules that are proven to
> be
> > >safe). The train would probably still be sitting there.
> > >
> I don't know that the passengers killed at Glenbrook would have minded
> waiting.
> Rgds
>
> Ron BESDANSKY

Gee, why didn't they order buses for the Ghan passengers, rail travel is so
dangerous!!!!

This thread just goes round in circles, railways are safe, the provisions
for failure are safe, stop all this emotional crap about the people in this
crash or that crash. An accident occurred (what ever the cause) thats sad I
agree, but for every accident like Glenbrook, there are probably a billion
instances where such failure movements are carried out safely.

My suggestion to those who seem to think the world must stop everytime
something out of the ordinary occurrs is: Stay in bed, its to dangerous out
there, but make sure the electric blanket is un plugged.

Bob.