Re: [Vic] Rolling stock wobbles

$9gi$1@nnrp1.deja.com>...

> >Hitachi and Comeng will be refurbish soon,
>
> Are they going to air-condition the Hitachis? If not, they will be no
better
> than they are now.
No idea, the detail of the refurbishment plan is still very much a
secret.

> <but if the new trains are
> >come from overseas, there will be lots of people out of job, this
would
> >be another blow to Vicotrian economic (we already lost Virgin
airline,

> You cannot lose what you don't already have.
>
> Dave
It doesn't really matter if the new trains will be build in Victoria or
not, I just hope they will be build somewhere in Australia.

Walker in Maryborough (QLD)make great trains (EMU, tilt, SMU/IMU,
Transperth emu and some DL/ELs) It's parent company Clyde makes
excellent trains as well(Trans Adelaide DMUs), its Millenium train will
certainly impress Sydneysiders.

Goninah,  make fairly good commuter trains as well, and its Victorian
Sprinters still faithfully serving country towns and won back
competition from cars.

...and those trains recently built by Adtranz over in Europe are
excellent if we can have any of that....

I just don't want our railway engineering skill dies and become capable
of "refurbish" and "maintenance" only

--
Cheers

James