Re: [VIC] Trans-Adelaide Jumbo in Bendigo

In article <38A928E1.856E5303@ozemail.com.au>,
  James Brook <ajmbrook@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
> james_ccj@my-deja.com wrote:
>
> Is this the "Trans Adelaide Jumbo"?
Yes! well, after a bit of research I found out they are "Redhen" also,
refurbished in the 80s to make it look like "Jumbo", I felt strange
when I remember clearly all Jumbos are still in service and all are
painted with different color(Orange) to redhen, Jumbos also have
aircondition and driver position is slightly far away from passenger
coach.

I was happen to be in Bendigo Yesterday and saw these units at GNR's
siding in perfect condition, I though it was another attempt by V/line
try to introduce new timetable until I found out they were purchased by
South Gippsland Raiwlay late last year and transfered to this site
since then.  Probabily GNR or Bendigo workshop trys to refurbish them.

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/