Re: First train to Airport [Sydney,NSW]

"C. Dewick" wrote:

> However I do know that with a few exceptions, Cronulla and Waterfall depots
> are both not qualified for about the same list of sections that I posted
> several months back (around 10+ in total).
>
> That's not to say that every other ETR depot is fully-qualified for all
> lines, since a lot of the other depots are in the same position, but not
> quite as restrictive.

reading through the OMET book is good for a laugh.  In OMET 104, it states that
Lithgow drivers are not qualified for any track except Central to Emu Plains.
This means they cannot drive between Lithgow and Emu Plains, or in Sydney Yard.
It also states that Sydney drivers are not qualified for Sydney Yard.  In fact,
the only drivers on the system that are qualified for Sydney Yard are Central ETR
drivers.  Punchbowl drivers were qualified to drive to Lithgow before the depot
closed.  In closing, I would also like to add, for Craig's benefit, that
according to OMET 104, he is not qualified to drive trains between Central and
Sutherland.   :-)

--
David Johnson
trainman@ozemail.com.au