Re: (Vic) New Metcard Yearly Ticket

Hong Kong's tickets are durable, but they are part of a closed system:
barriers everywhere, not multimodal.  BART (San Francisco, USA) had similar
technology 20 years ago.

These are expensive systems to provide and operate, and are suitable for
high density systems: something which Melbourne isn't.

The next poster in this thread made a pertinent point: up to now, a
periodical ticket could be kept in its cover for most of the time.  Now it
gets a minimum of two extractions per day, more if being used multimodally
by a person who follows the unnecessarily-punitive rules.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith

Johann Fan <jyf@optusnet.com.au> wrote in article