Re: [Vic] Yarra Trams - "super" stops, park and ride

"David McLoughlin" <davemcl@AXE*THISiprolink.co.nz> wrote in message
38a3907a@news.iprolink.co.nz">news:38a3907a@news.iprolink.co.nz...
> Daniel Bowen wrote:
> >
> > From today's Hun:
> >
> > Swanston Trams will also launch several initiatives this year to make
its
> > service more user friendly.
> >
> > Its first refurbished tram is scheduled for service early next year.
>
> When are the new low-floor articulated trams due to enter service?
>

> > Does Yarra run any W-class trams apart from the City Circle?
>

> South Melbourne and St Kilda Beach via Collins Street, which was the No
> 12 last time I was there (in 1998). As well as the restaurant trams.
>

> David McLoughlin
> Auckland New Zealand
Yarra Trams, operated by the private consortium Metrolink, will be investing
an additional $100 million in 31 state of the art "low floor" trams to begin
operation in September 2001, greatly improving passenger comfort and
accessibility for all passengers.

----