Indicator Lights on Sydney Trains (1980's).

David Johnson <trainman@ozemail.com.au> wrote in message
38A547BF.8EE9E1D@ozemail.com.au">news:38A547BF.8EE9E1D@ozemail.com.au...
> This is where your whole argument falls down!  A person who cannot
understand
> English would not have known that the indicator was wrong, but they would
have
> been able to tell the type of train.

**True = no arguement from me:)

** Another mystery that baffled me when I catch trains in the 1980's = the
S,M,H,F,B-sets used to have 2 or 3 small lights alight at the front besides
the 2 high beam lights at the top. What they really used for??? And is it a
myth that it was used to indicate a destination ie. 3 lights means the train
goes to East Hills as my father told me (hopefully he is wrong)?

Thanks = Cheers.
Danny Mok
dan@flex.com.au
FordGhia's Railway & Transport Page