Re: (VIC) Fires near Elsternwick

No Rod.
There were fires along the line between East Camberwell and Nunawading
(according to Hillside - I only saw the burnt bits at surrey Hills) on
friday afternoon 4/2. These were started by 'a faulty train'. My guess is
sticking brakes as this seems to be a common problem with the sparks these
days.
All services were halted beyong camberwell for approx 2 hours. I was on one
of the first sparks through, a down Lilydale which left camberwell about
5.20.
Jim
"Roderick Smith" <rodsmith@werple.net.au> wrote in message
01bf7505$4c753820$3f8817d2@rodsmith">news:01bf7505$4c753820$3f8817d2@rodsmith...
> I saw this morning (Sat.) that some of the shrubs on the south-west corner
> of Union Rd level crossing, Surrey Hills, had been burnt.  This may be
> related to a spate of hedge burning in surrounding suburbs.
>
> --
> Regards
> Roderick Smith
> Rail News Victoria Editor
>
> Andy Blume <and_b@dingoblue.net.au> wrote in article
> <880l8n$qm4$1@news1.mpx.com.au>...
> > That would explain all the fire engines and rail buses all over the
place
> :)
> > Alex Bunn <hockeyone@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Kpvo4.22873$3b6.95012@ozemail.com.au">news:Kpvo4.22873$3b6.95012@ozemail.com.au...
> > >          Today their were two fires near Elsternwick station. One was
> > > between Elsternwick and Ripponlea and the other was between
Elsternwick