(VIC) Fires near Elsternwick

G'day
         Today their were two fires near Elsternwick station. One was
between Elsternwick and Ripponlea and the other was between Elsternwick and
Gardenvale. They were both within about 500 meters of each other.

I managed to see both because I live very close. But something interesting
was that there were little smoldering spots all between the fires. At one
stage their were up to about 15 smoking spots in about 15 meters.

The trains were delayed for over an hour and a half.

The two main fires stretched about 30 meters each. If you want to know
exactly where they were e mail me.

abox@mbox.com.au
Alex Bunn