Re: Australian Metro Railways Webpage

Douglas Clifford wrote:

>No mention of Perth?  As usual, like the Taswegians, Sandgropers are
>outside the consciousness of "the Eastern States".  Though small by
>other States' standards, this Metro system is one of the most
>successfull in Australia.  We seem not to exist in the minds of any
>one East of the Nullabor.  Secession seems the only option.
>
>Doug.
>
>PS: E-mail <gvrail@thatsent.com.au> for more details...allow about 10
>days, as he's currently visiting the dreaded "Eastern States".  The
>"Eastern States" of course is a world unto itself, blissfully unaware
>of existences outside the Sydney-Canberra-Melbourne axis.  Remember
>the infamous "Brisbane Line" from WWII!  I remember living in Sydney
>in 1991for three months.  As far as the "cognoscenti" were concerned,
>any thing that happened roughly west of Missenden Road, didn't exist
>as far as the media were concerned.

Excluding anything west of Missenden Road excludes most of Sydney's
population as well.  So perhaps it is not just the existence of WA which is
ignored. For some it is case of Parramatta, Penrith, Parkes and Perth are
all out west. Now which one is the greatest distance from Bondi?  Sorry, I
am wrong. They have never heard of Parkes.

Ken