Re: Australian Metro Railways Webpage

On Thu, 10 Feb 2000 13:55:29 GMT, james_ccj@my-deja.com wrote:

>In article <38a25a90@pink.one.net.au>,
>  "Luke Watson" <army_guy@one.net.au> wrote:
>> Hey All
>>
>> My Webpage is updated and im still looking for suggestions
>>
>> email me on australian_railways@hotmail.com

>You should add a section for Brisbane, Brizzy's citytrain network is
>fasinating! with variety and interesting rolling stocks and operations.

No mention of Perth?  As usual, like the Taswegians, Sandgropers are
outside the consciousness of "the Eastern States".  Though small by
other States' standards, this Metro system is one of the most
successfull in Australia.  We seem not to exist in the minds of any
one East of the Nullabor.  Secession seems the only option.

Doug.

PS: E-mail <gvrail@thatsent.com.au> for more details...allow about 10
days, as he's currently visiting the dreaded "Eastern States".  The
"Eastern States" of course is a world unto itself, blissfully unaware
of existences outside the Sydney-Canberra-Melbourne axis.  Remember
the infamous "Brisbane Line" from WWII!  I remember living in Sydney
in 1991for three months.  As far as the "cognoscenti" were concerned,
any thing that happened roughly west of Missenden Road, didn't exist
as far as the media were concerned.

Douglas CLIFFORD                   +61 8 9390 7006 h
PO Box 119                         +61 8 9324 6444 w
Kelmscott                          +61 8 9324 6400 fx
Western Australia         <cliffd@opera.iinet.net.au>
6991