Re: NSW Stolen builders plates

The QR 4000 Class article in the latest Motive Power mentioned these loco
are getting new & simplifed Clyde builders plates without model & serial
numbers on them. Reason was apparently to reduce theft of these items.

Some Candy 48 Class units I saw back in the early 1990's still had builders
plates on them, although they had been painted over. More than likely these
plates have since "disappeared" during repainting into Freightcorp Blue.

Jon Lau