NSW Stolen builders plates

Hi, again

I noticed a 82 class the other day missing its builders plates. This
seems to be quite common with locos in NSW. I suspect that staff are
removing them without premission. The same thing happened with the
stainless NSW coat of arms on the front of some early diesels a few
years ago. The people removing them are probably "train enthusiasts"
intending to hoard or sell their booty. I wouldn't be suprised if
someone reading this had one or two in their collection. I might
understand plates going astray during repaints but on ones which haven't
been repainted?

It would be interesting to know the market value of modern diesel plates
and if anybody has been caught and charged by the police doing this.

Regards

Chris