Re: Straight from the Horse's Mouth

)

> I read the CEOs response and frankly , although being a rail fan Im
not keen
> to see the Overland go,but we rail fans have to WAKE UP.
> In the commercial world, enterprises that lose money have to go.
> GSR arnt a public service obliged to run unprofitable train services.
> They also arnt required to spend buckets of money advertising to try
and make
> the Overland a goer.
> Anyone who thinks that they acn do a better job is perfectly free to
step in
> when GSR pulls out.
> Cant see many takers though.
>
> MD

I'm 90% satisfy what they did to their trains so far especially impress
with IP and Ghan . However I think they haven't try enough with
Overland.

>From the beginning of last year I collected all the "travel" section
from The Australian/The Age/Herald Sun each weekend, I didn't miss a
single publication.  So far I collected about 5 articles from each
paper about IP or Ghan,  which means altogether Ghan and IP appears in
these popular papers about 30 times last year , but never the Overland.
It's not because Overland is less luxury then IP or Ghan, Overland
gives good timing, comfortable ride and great opptunity for Melbourne
people to explore South Australia over the weekend, say if they had an
article about  travel by Overland plus package tour exploring wine yard
in South Australia would definitely support by the readers.

--
Cheers

James

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/